danixland-wporg.stats is a plugin that adds a new widget to be used on the Sidebar (or wherever you like) and some useful shortcodes.
This widget will show a list of plugins by the same author, hosted on the WordPress Plugins directory. It uses the wordpress.org API to fetch all the details and it’s able to show links to the plugin page on wordpress.org or to the URI specified by the author inside the plugin itself. Other stats displayed by the plugin are the total number of downloads for all the plugins, average rating per plugin and total average. Soon the plugin will be able to display even more stats.
If an author has used the assets directory to store the plugin’s icons, danixland-wporg-stats is able to fetch and display the icons as well.
The plugin ships with a few shortcodes to embed your stats inside your posts or pages. You can use it on a landing page for your plugins or, like I do, inside a custom post type page to display stats about the plugins I write.
- .POT file to allow translators to translate the plugin.
- theme directory support.
- custom tags inside the description.
- average downloads and more stats coming soon…
- I’m open to suggestions, so don’t be shy.
Installing danixland-wporg.stats is straightforward and requires just a few seconds:
If you use the “Add New Plugin” pane from your dashboard just install it and activate it, then proceed to the last step and configure it.
Otherwise follow these steps:
- Download the latest version of the plugin.
- If using the “Install Plugins->Upload” section on the WordPress admin area just upload the zip file, otherwise unpack the zip file and upload the “danixland-wporg-stats” directory inside the “wp-content/plugins” directory of your WordPress installation using your favourite ftp client.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Add the widget to your sidebar from Appearance->Widgets.
- Configure the widget options through the panel which can be accessed from the Appearance->Widgets page.