This plugin allows for changing the WordPress post type. A quick edit and bulk edit option are also available.
Custom Post Type Changer adds a post-type drop-down to the post editor section in both post detail page and post listing page, it allows you to reassign any post to a new post type.
It allows you to change post’s type while editing your post in both post detail page and post listing page. You can also change all post’s type using our bulk changing feature.
The plugin supports both Classic editor as well as The Gutenberg editor.
*Note: Make sure to keep a database backup before performing any actions.
- In your WordPress Dashboard go to “Plugins” -> “Add Plugin”.
- Search for “Custom Post Type Changer”.
- Install the plugin by clicking the “Install” button and activate it.
- Go to the posts/pages/any other post type and click on the quick edit option to select your current post-type from the post-type drop down.
- Change post types as needed and update.
- For ‘Bulk Edit’, select the posts you want to modify and click on the ‘edit’ option from ‘Bulk Options’ drop down and click on the ‘Apply’.
- You can find your current post-type is auto-selected from post-type dropdown. Change the post types as needed and update them.
- You can change the post-type through the details page, It supports both The Classic editor as well as The Gutenberg editor.
- Go to the details page, you will find a “Custom Post Type Changer” section on right side of the dashboard and find your current post-type is
auto-selected from the post-type dropdown. Change the post types as needed and update them.
The plugin can convert nearly every combination of posts, pages, and even custom post types:
- Page to Post
- Post to Page
- Post to Custom
- Custom to Custom
Gutenberg/ Block editor
With the Gutenberg/ Block editor feature, you can change the post-type right from your post-details page.
With the bulk edit feature, you can select all the posts from a certain type and convert them to a new type easily.