The purpose of this plugin is to add a guestbook site which uses the wordpress integrated comments.
Using the wordpress integrated comments system has some important advantages:
- Consistent styling of guestbook form and comment list for every theme you are using.
- All wordpress comment features are available for the guestbook comments also (e.g. E-Mail Notification, listing in “All Comments” on admin page,…)
- All plugins which are modifying the comment list or comment form will also work with Comment Guestbook automatically (e.g. a captcha plugin for antispam).
Other features and options:
- Setup comment form position (in page, above comment list, below comment list). You can also use more than one.
- Adjust the comment form (change texts, hide elements)
- Ajdust the comment order (newest first, oldest first)
- Option to show numbered pagination links for the comment list
- Ajdust the comment html-code for the guestbook page
- Option to include all comments of your site in the comment list on the guestbook page
- Sidebar widget to show recent comments with a lot of options
- Show a message after a new comment was made. This option you can also enable for all post/pages in your blog
Simply insert the shortcode
[comment-guestbook] into a page to enable this plugin.
On the admin page (goto Comments -> About Guestbook) you can find a detailed description. In the admin area you can find a settings page with a lot of options to modify the behavior and output.
If you want to follow the development status have a look at the git-repository on github.
Feel free to add your merge requests there, if you want to help to improve the plugin.
Please help translating this plugin into multiple languages.
You can submit your translations at transifex.com.
There the source strings will always be in sync with the actual development version.
The easiest way to install is using the wordpress plugin installation mechanism. On the admin page you can install new plugins in “Plugins” -> “Add new”. Search for “Comment Guestbook” and press “Install now”.
If you want to install the plugin manually download the zip-file and extract the files in your wp-content/plugins folder.