Assign multiple bylines to posts, pages, and custom post types via a search-as-you-type input box. Co-authored posts appear on a co-author’s archive page and in their feed. Co-authors may edit the posts they are associated with, and co-authors who are contributors may only edit posts if they have not been published (as is core behavior).
Add writers as bylines without creating WordPress user accounts. Simply create a guest author profile for the writer and assign the byline as you normally would.
On the frontend, use the Co-Authors Plus template tags to list co-authors anywhere you’d normally list the author.
This plugin is an almost complete rewrite of the Co-Authors plugin originally developed by Weston Ruter (2007). The original plugin was inspired by the ‘Multiple Authors‘ plugin by Mark Jaquith (2005).
- IMPORTANT: Please disable the original Co-Authors plugin (if you are using it) before installing Co-Authors Plus
- Extract the coauthors-plus.zip file and upload its contents to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory. Alternately, you can install directly from the Plugin directory within your WordPress Install.
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
- Place the appropriate co-authors template tags in your template.
- Add co-authors to your posts and pages.