Chessgame Shizzle is a nice way to integrate chessgames into your WordPress website. Ideal for chess clubs, your chess blog, or any chess related website.
Editors and guests alike can add chessgames in PGN format through a frontend form. All chessgames are available in a custom post type as a single post with an archive list and taxonomies, it couldn’t be more simple. Included widgets give you many ways to display your chessgames.
Current features include:
- List view and single view for chessgames as a WordPress post.
- Easy to use form on the frontend to add a chessgame.
- Simple and clean admin interface that integrates seamlessly into WordPress admin.
- Several widgets to display latest game, featured game or a list of recent games.
- Moderation, so that you can check a chessgame before it is visible.
- Subscribing to notifications.
- Board themes and Piece themes.
- Anti-spam features with Nonce, Honeypot, Form Timeout for upload form.
- Generate (featured) images from a chess position.
- Localization. Own languages can be added very easily through GlotPress.
… and all that integrated in the stylish WordPress look.
Translations can be added very easily through GlotPress.
You can start translating strings there for your locale. They need to be validated though, so if there’s no validator yet, and you want to apply for being validator, please post it on the support forum. I will make a request on make/polyglots to have you added as validator for this plugin/locale.
Check out the demo at my local chess club Pegasus
This plugin is compatible with ClassicPress.
- Install the plugin through the admin page “Plugins”.
- Alternatively, unpack and upload the contents of the zipfile to your ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- For the form, add ‘[chessgame_shizzle_form]’ in a page. That’s it.
- For managing chessgames, check ‘Chessgames’ in the admin menu.
The plugin itself is released under the GNU General Public License. A copy of this license can be found at the license homepage or in the chessgame-shizzle.php file at the top.