Cherry Sidebars is a lightweight plugin for creating multiple widget areas, and outputting them on posts or pages of your choosing. Now you don’t have to limit yourself to one widget area, instead you can create as many as you like. Group your widgets into multiple areas, and pick which one you want to display for a certain post or page.
The plugin can be useful for certain posts or pages, where you want your content to be different, for example you need to add a banner ad to your popular post, or a bio section to the ‘About’ page. Cherry Sidebars would be a perfect tool for this task.
Creating a new sidebar
- Navigate to “Widgets” section (Please notice! Some themes that do not support widgets may not have such page).
- Click on “Create a new sidebar” button.
- Fill in all required form fields and click the “Create Sidebar” button.
- After that you will be able to drag’n’drop your widgets into the new sidebar.
Managing sidebars on pages
- Open your page or post in editing mode.
- In the right bottom corner of the page you will see sidebar manager panel that allows you to assign one of the sidebars to the current page.
- For instance you can display widgets from the sidebar you’ve created in Primary Sidebar area.
- Upload “Cherry Sidebars” folder to the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
- Navigate to the “Widgets” section to start customizing (Please notice! Some themes that do not support widgets may not have such page)