Breadcrumb NavXT, the successor to the popular WordPress plugin Breadcrumb Navigation XT, was written from the ground up to be better than its ancestor. This plugin generates locational breadcrumb trails for your WordPress powered blog or website. These breadcrumb trails are highly customizable to suit the needs of just about any website running WordPress. The Administrative interface makes setting options easy, while a direct class access is available for theme developers and more adventurous users.
Breadcrumb NavXT 5.2 and newer require PHP5.3
Breadcrumb NavXT 5.1.1 and older require PHP5.2
- RDFa format Schema.org BreadcrumbList compatible breadcrumb generation.
- Extensive breadcrumb customization control via a settings page with appropriate default values for most use cases.
- Network admin settings page for managing breadcrumb settings for all subsites with configurable global priority.
- Built in WordPress Widget.
- Extensible via OOP and provided actions and filters.
- WPML compatible (enhanced compatibility with WPML extensions plugin).
- Polylang compatible (enhanced compatibility with Polylang extensions plugin).
- bbPress compatible (enhanced compatibility with bbPress extensions plugin).
- BuddyPress compatible (enhanced compatibility with BuddyPress extensions plugin).
Breadcrumb NavXT now supports WordPress.org language packs. Want to translate Breadcrumb NavXT? Visit Breadcrumb NavXT’s WordPress.org translation project.
Breadcrumb NavXT can be installed from within WordPress’ administration panel. After installing and activating the plugin, to get breadcrumb trails to display either use the included widget, or call the breadcrumb trail in your theme (or child theme). See the Calling the Breadcrumb Trail article for more information on calling the breadcrumb trail.
To customize the breadcrumb trail you may edit the default values for the options in the administrative interface. This is located in your administration panel under Settings > Breadcrumb NavXT.
Please visit Breadcrumb NavXT’s Documentation page for more information.