This plugin works with both BuddyPress and the BuddyBoss Platform. It creates an xProfile Location field type that will use the Google Places API to populate and validate address fields on member profiles.
The result will be uniform and searchable addresses with a single input field.
In BuddyPress, you can create multiple Location fields via wp-admin > Users > Profile Fields > Add New Field
In BuddyBoss Platform, you can create multiple Location fields via wp-admin > BuddyBoss > Profiles > Profile Fields > Add New Field
The xprofile field for each member will be populated as a searchable string.
A latitude / longitude ‘geocode’ will be saved as a separate field, if that option was selected when the field was created.
You can then use the geocode in your preferred Member Map solution.
Or you may be interested in this Member Map solution: BP Maps for Members
For Group Maps, please see: BP Maps for Groups
This plugin supports searches, including distance, with:
– the BP Profile Search plugin, version 5.0 or higher
– the BuddyBoss Platform > Profile Search, version 1.4.3 or higher
For more information about this plugin, please visit BP xProfile Location
If you have not entered a Google Maps API Key for one of your other PhiloPress plugins – see the FAQ
Upload the zip on the Plugins > Add screen in wp-admin
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
If you are using BuddyPress:
- Go to wp-admin > Settings > BuddyPress > Options. Under ‘Profile Settings’, find ‘Google Maps API key’, enter your key and Save
- Go to wp-admin > Users > Profile Fields > Add New Field and Create a profile field of Type = Location
Or if you use BuddyBoss Platform:
- Go to wp-admin > BuddyBoss > Integrations > BuddyPress Plugins. Under ‘Profile Settings’, find ‘Google Maps API key’, enter your key and Save
- Go to wp-admin > > BuddyBoss > Profiles > Profile Fields > Add New Field and Create a profile field of Type = Location.