Boxzilla for WordPress
Boxzilla is a plugin allowing you to add pop-up or slide-in boxes to your WordPress site. Boxes can slide or fade in at any point and can contain whatever content you like.
Some of Boxzilla’s features
- Boxes can contain any content you like.
- You can show boxes at various events:
- After scrolling down past a certain percentage of the page height.
- After scrolling down to a specific page element.
- After X seconds on the page.
- After X pageviews on the site.
- Manually by clicking a link or button
- When the user intents to exit your website (Premium)
- After X seconds on the site (any page). (Premium)
- Customizable box position on the screen.
- Animations for showing or hiding boxes.
- Page targeting, to only show pop-ups on certain posts or pages.
- Full control over how long boxes should stay hidden once they are dismissed.
- Customizable box appearance using a simple visual interface.
Premium add-ons for Boxzilla
The Boxzilla plugin itself is entirely free. Advanced functionality is available through several paid add-ons. Not only do they extend the core functionality of the plugin, they also help to fund further development of the core (free) plugin.
Please have a look at the Boxzilla Knowledge Base.
There’s a Boxzilla demo site with some examples.
Please use the WordPress.org plugin support forums for community support.
If you’re a Boxzilla Premium customer, please use our support email for a faster reply.
Installing the plugin
- In your WordPress admin panel, go to Plugins > New Plugin, search for Boxzilla and click “Install now”
- Alternatively, download the plugin and upload the contents of
boxzilla.zipto your plugins directory, which usually is
- Activate the plugin.
- (Optional) Install some add-on plugins for Boxzilla
Creating a Boxzilla box
- Go to Boxzilla > Add New
- Add some content to the box
- (Optional) customize the appearance of the box by changing the Appearance Settings
Have a look at the frequently asked questions section for some examples of additional customization.