A simple solution to allow your users to enable/disable dark mode on your website.
It creates a widget that your users can use to toggle between normal and dark modes.
It uses the CSS mix-blend-mode to bring dark-mode to any of your websites.
Do you have an issue or a feature request?
Please submit it in our Github Repo
Want to receive updates on your email?
Want to use your own widget or element as toggle?
Go to the Blackout settings page, and mark the last checkbox with the label Want to use your own toggle widget or button?, then add the class
darkmode-enable to the element that you want to use as toggle.
- WordPress 4.7 or greater
- PHP version 5.4 or greater
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater
We recommend your host supports:
- PHP version 7.0 or greater
- MySQL version 5.6 or greater
- WordPress Memory limit of 64 MB or greater (128 MB or higher is preferred)
- Install using the WordPress built-in Plugin installer, or extract the zip file and drop the contents in the
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to settings > Blackout to customize the configurations of the widget (optional).