Assistant is a new way to work with WordPress. It’s an every-day productivity tool that lets you navigate your WordPress site and handle quick tasks without needing to go to the WordPress Admin area. For example, you can quickly find a page or post and update its title or slug. You can upload media and navigate to attachment pages. You can approve or reject comments. You can even run plugin and theme updates.
Assistant is an open source project from the same team that makes Beaver Builder. It’s free and being developed in public. Try it and let us know what you think!
- Access the Assistant UI from any frontend page (post, archive, term, etc…)
- Get a glance of your recently edited posts on the home screen.
- Search WordPress directly from the frontend.
- Quickly find posts, pages, and custom post types with the content app.
- Upload media to WordPress media library by dropping files on the Media app.
- The Comments app lets you quick reply, approve, mark as spam and trash comments.
- Add custom labels to posts or pages to help organize your site while you work.
You can also try Assistant on a demo site here.
Install Assistant via the WordPress plugin directory or by uploading the files to your server at wp-content/plugins.
After activating Assistant on the Plugins screen, navigate to the front end of your website.
Assistant will be open. You can dismiss it using the x icon in the top right corner.
A small pencil icon will appear in the bottom right corner. Clicking it will show Assistant.
Use the icons across the top of the panel to navigate between the different apps.