Amelia Lite is a free appointment booking WordPress plugin that allows to set up a fully-featured automated booking system on your WordPress website and is a handy tool for small businesses and individuals that depend on stable appointment booking processes.
Amelia Lite was built with newest Enterprise-level of technology both on front-end and back-end, ensuring smooth and slick user experience. Amelia elements are applying single-page-app approach, work without page reloading, and all elements were designed with the mobile first concept in mind – so all the admin and customer interfaces are perfectly responsive.
Amelia Lite supports:
- Creating Step-by-step booking view by adding [ameliabooking] shortcode
- Configuring the general settings for the company – General Settings
- A convenient Calendar view on the back-end, giving a full overview on all the appointments and the statuses – Calendar Admin View
- Flexible Appointment Management page, with an option to add appointments by your staff from the WordPress admin dashboard – Appointments Admin Page
- Configuring provider’s details and working schedule – General Settings
- Key numbers in the Dashboard – Dashboard page
- Email notifications to the customer and provider when the appointment status changes.
Configuring Amelia Lite to book your first appointment through WordPress is literally a 5-minute job.
- First, you would need to go to your WordPress’ admin page, open Amelia -> Services and add categories and services, as described here.
- On the next step, you would need to add a step-by-step booking wizard to one of your posts or pages. To do that, just create a new post or page, or edit an exiting one, and add [ameliabooking] shortcode where you want to add the booking wizard. Save it – and that’s it – now customers can book appointments from your site’s front-end using Amelia Lite!
- You can customize provider details and schedule in the General Settings page.
Please note some limitations of the Lite version:
- Booking search view and catalog view are not included.
- You can only use a part of the Dashboard page to keep tracks of your business.
- Export option is not supported.
- Filters on the pages are not supported.
- Coupons are not included.
- Group services are not supported.
- Adding the Locations is not included.
- Customization options are not included.
- You can only use Approved and Pending notifications, other types of email notifications are not supported.
- Only basic plugin settings are supported.
- Google Calendar synchronization is not supported.
- PayPal and Stripe payment types are not supported but you can use On-site payment type.
- Access to our premium support system is not included.
To use these and other options, please upgrade to the Full version!
Installing Amelia Lite is as easy as 1-2-3!
- First, either locate the plugin through the WordPress’ built-in plugins browser, upload the ZIP file through WP Admin, or upload the Amelia Lite folder via FTP to your WordPress’ plugins folder on the server.
- Activate the plugin in the “Plugins” page of your WordPress installation.