There are many uses for restricting content based on age, be it movie trailers, beer or other adult themes. This plugin allows you to set a restriction on what content can been seen or restricted based on the age of the user.
- Ask users to verify their age on page load
- SEO Friendly – common bots and crawlers are omitted from age checks
- Ability to add custom user agents for less common bots
- Shortcode for in content restrictions
- Choose to restrict an entire site, or selected content
- Select a different age on individual content
- Allow certain content to not be age gated under “all content” mode
- Three choices for input; dropdowns, input fields or a simple yes/no button
- Customise the order of the inputs based on your region (DD MM YYYY or MM DD YYYY)
- Allow a “remember me” check box if desired
- Ability to omit logged in users from being checked
- Add your own logo
- Update the text displayed on the entry form
- Select background colour/image, foreground colour and text colour
- Use built in styling out of the box, or your own custom style
- Ability to add legal note or information to the bottom of the form
- Redirect failed logins to a URL of your choice e.g. an alcohol awareness website.
- Ability to use a non caching version
- Various hooks to add even more customisation such as additional form fields
- Compatible with multilingual plugins WPML, Polylang (2.3+), WP Multilang
- Upload the ‘age-gate’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Visit ‘Age Gate’ admin section and adjust your configuration.
Be sure to check the ‘Access’ settings tab to grant permissions and omit any post types you don’t wish to display Age Gate options on.