Each admin interface element is individually selected for removal. The elements that can be removed are:
- The header WordPress logo (bear in mind this functions as a menu) in the admin bar
- The home icon next to your site’s name in the admin bar
- The “Howdy,” greeting before your username in the admin bar
- Your username link to your profile in the admin bar
- Your avatar in the admin bar
- The Dashboard menu link in the sidebar
- The contextual “Help” link
- The footer links
- The WordPress version in the footer
(There is an associated screenshot which points out these different sections.)
Note: These settings are global and will affect all users who are able to visit the admin pages.
- Install via the built-in WordPress plugin installer. Or download and unzip
admin-trim-interface.zipinside the plugins directory for your site (typically
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ admin menu in WordPress
- Click the plugin’s ‘Settings’ link next to its ‘Deactivate’ link (still on the Plugins page), or click on the ‘Appearance’ -> ‘Admin Trim Interface’ link, to go to the plugin’s admin settings page. Customize the settings to selectively remove admin interface elements.