A COMPLETE, EASY TO USE & WELL SUPPORTED WORDPRESS ACTIVITY LOG PLUGIN
Want to monitor and track your site activity? Find out exactly who does what on your WordPress website. the Activity Log plugin is like an airplane’s black box that logs every activity in WordPress, and lets you see exactly what people are doing on your site.
- Like, if someone is trying to hack your site.
- Or, when a post was published, and who published it.
- Or, if a plugin was activated/deactivated.
- Log suspicious admin activity
- Securing your site by tracking log of all user activity?
Useful, right? Trust us, you won’t understand how you managed your website without it. The plugin is also lightning fast and works behind the scenes, so it doesn’t affect site and admin performance (For optimal performance, we built the plugin so it runs on a separate table in the database).
If you have tens of users or more, you really can’t know who did what. This plugin tries to solve this issue by tracking what users do, and displaying it in an easy to use and easy to filter view on the dashboard of your WordPress site.
With the Activity Log you can log:
- WordPress – Core Updates
- Posts – Created, Updated, Deleted
- Pages – Created, Updated, Deleted
- Custom Post Type – Created, Updated, Deleted
- Tags – Created, Edited, Deleted
- Categories – Created, Edited, Deleted
- Taxonomies – Created, Edited, Deleted
- Comments – Created, Approved, Unproved, Trashed, Untrashed, Spammed, Unspammed, Deleted
- Media – Uploaded, Edited, Deleted
- Users – Login, Logout, Login has failed, Update profile, Registered and Deleted
- Plugins – Installed, Updated, Activated, Deactivated, Changed
- Themes – Installed, Updated, Deleted, Activated, Changed (Editor and Customizer)
- Widgets – Added to a sidebar / Deleted from a sidebar, Order widgets
- Menus – A menu is being Created, Updated, Deleted
- Setting – General, Writing, Reading, Discussion, Media, Permalinks
- Options – Can be extend by east filter
- Export – User download export file from the site
- WooCommerce – Monitor all shop options
- bbPress – Forums, Topics, Replies, Taxonomies and other actions
- There’s more, but you get the point…
New! You are now able to get email notifications once an event you have defined (via rules) has occurred. This is useful in cases you must know right away when someone does something on your site. We use it to thwart hacker attempts, for example.
New! Export your Activity Log data records to CSV. Developers can easily add support for custom data formats with our new dedicated Export API.
New! Export your Activity Log data records to Export Personal Data tool (WordPress 4.9.6+) for better GDPR Compliance.
What people are saying
- “Best 10 Free WordPress Plugins of the Month – July 2014: Keeping tabs on what your users do with their access to the Dashboard” – ManageWp.com
- “Thanks to this step, we’ve discovered that our site was undergoing a brute force attack” – artdriver.com
- “Optimized code – The plugin itself is blazing fast and leaves almost no footprint on the server.” – freshtechtips.com
- “The plugin successful for activity log for WordPress.” – wp-tricks.co.il
- “This is a pretty simple yet quite effective plugin for keeping track of what your admins and users do on your sites.” – shadowdragonunlimited.com
- “Activity Log lets you track a huge range of activities. Overall, very easy to use and setup.” – elegantthemes.com
- German (de_DE) – Robert Harm
- Dutch (nl_NL) – Tom Aalbers
- Serbo-Croatian (sr_RS) – Borisa Djuraskovic
- Danish (da_DK) – Morten Dalgaard Johansen
- Hebrew (he_IL) + RTL Support – Pojo.me
- Armenia (hy_AM) – Hayk Jomardyan
- Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR) – Criação de Sites
- Turkish (tr_TR) – Ahmet Kolcu
- Persian (fa_IR) – Promising
- Russian (ru_RU) – Oleg Reznikov
- Polish (pl_PL) – Maciej Gryniuk
- Czech (cs_CZ) – Martin Kokeš
- Finnish (fi) – Nazq
The plugin does not require any kind of setup. It works out of the box (and that’s another reason people love it).
We’re planning to add a lot more features in the upcoming releases. If you think we’re missing something big time, please post your suggestions in the plugin’s forum.
Would you like to like to contribute to Activity Log? You are more than welcome to submit your pull requests on the GitHub repo. Also, if you have any notes about the code, please open a ticket on the issue tracker.
- Upload plugin files to your plugins folder, or install using WordPress’ built-in Add New Plugin installer
- Activate the plugin
- Go to the plugin page (under Dashboard > Activity Log)