Secure your WordPress Administration area with 2FAS plugin
Each time you log in to the WordPress admin area, you will be requested by the system to provide an additional way of authentication in the form of TOTP codes.
To secure your mobile phone from loss or apps being deleted, you can generate a list of once-off backup codes, or pin a credit card to the system, and receive codes via SMS or VMS.
2FAS is available to all users as soon as it’s installed and registered. Registration is needed because the 2FAS plugin communicates with the powerful 2FAS API. That gives an opportunity to make authentications, send text messages, make automated voice calls and many more.
If you use 2FAS Authenticator app, the verification of stage 2 can be carried out by confirming the login on the phone without the need to re-type the token in the browser (push authentication).
2FAS uses industry standard TOTP tokens, the same kind used by:
– 2FAS Authenticator
– Google Authenticator
– Microsoft Authenticator
– and many others…
Get instant protection against:
When undergoing a brute-force attack, your password can be discovered by the attacker. This is the only vulnerability you will experience with 2FAS. 2FAS’s intelligent security feature provides a finite amount of time in which the attacker access the correct token. After the access period has ended, the attacker is locked out for security reasons.
Many people use the same password or a similar password for many online services. Repeatedly used passwords remain are vulnerable in cyberspace. Using the 2FAS plugin on your WordPress site makes access without a 2FAS registered device very difficult.
Phishing and keylogger attacks
If you’re not completely sure that the devices used by you or your sub-users are completely free of keyloggers and viruses, then using 2FAS to protect your WordPress site from security breaches is a great solution!
Any password discovery attempt is useless with 2FAS. Without the token generated by your 2FAS, conventional access to your WordPress site is almost impossible.
For more information check out our website at https://2fas.com
If you need our support, please contact us at [email protected]
- Log in to your WordPress administration area and go to the “Plugins” menu option on the left side.
- Click the “Add New” button at the top of the page.
- Search for “2FAS” and click the “Install Now” button.
- When 2FAS successfully installs, click the “Activate Plugin” link.
- Go to the 2FAS Dashboard menu option and create 2FAS account.
- Follow the steps of the plugin wizard (scan the QR code and provide your token in order to verify it).
- That’s it! Now your WordPress administration area is protected by 2FAS.
- PHP 5.4 or newer (PHP 7.3 or newer is recommended)
- PHP extensions: cURL, GD, Multibyte String and OpenSSL
- WordPress 3.8 or newer (WordPress 5.2 or newer is recommended)
- A database user must have privileges for creating and deleting tables
Important notice: 2FAS plugin is not compatible with multisite mode.
If you have any problems with the installation, please contact us at [email protected]